Mainline-Plus Kernel (tracking linus/master)
See the branches which are based on the mainline linus/master kernel. We create a new branch and merge as soon as Linus publishes a new release candidate (typically once per week on average). The "master" branch is currently 3.12.7 but work in progress is 3.18-rc1 and as soon as our rolling kernel is feature complete (i.e. nothing important is completely missing) we will also update the master branch to follow major Linux releases (e.g. 3.19.0).
Please see for a list of repositories with different kernel flavours: Repositories
supported devices (through different device trees)
- BeagleBoard C, BeagleBoard XM
- BeagleBoard (C/XM) with Openmoko Beagle Hybrid expansion board
- GTA04A3, GTA04A4, GTA04A5 (Letux 2804)
- GTA04b2 (Letux 3704)
- GTA04b3 (Letux 7004)
- planned: GTA04b7 (Neo900)
- PandaBoard ES
- OMAP5432EVM + Pyra development boards
- follows the latest kernel releases and includes security patches
- based on the latest www.kernel.org (release candidates)
- adds the latest Linux features
- add what we need for the GTA04 that is not (yet) in mainline ("plus")
- provide drivers for as many hardware features as possible in a clean way
- can be used in daily life
- our patches are pushed to go upstream so that the 'plus' part gets smaller and smaller step by step
almost everything is supported by the drivers except currently (please look into the documentation and [issues][Issues]):
- Microphone Sense
- 3D Accelerator (PVR/SGX)
Some features are not yet supported by device tree or have bugs in the drivers. Therefore the most feature-complete version is "master" (3.12.7). The most modern kernel can be found in the list of the branches.
For a description of the status, please see Mainline-Status.
Please download, test and patch the kernel. Please submit patches against the latest version (e.g. 3.18-rc3) and mail them to the gta04-owner mailing list. Thank you!
We actively work on the kernel and upstreaming patches, but this needs some funding for the developers. If you want to donate, you are welcome!
Building the kernel:
git clone http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git git checkout $(latest -branch) make gta04_defconfig modules cp uImage modules arch/arm/boot/dts/omap*.dtb >> SD card
Please refer to the GTA04 Rootfs for installation instructions of a complete distribution (bootloader, kernel, rootfs, LXDE GUI).