Draft for GTA04A5 schematics. There may still come minor changes during Layout and from first production feedback.
What will be different to GTA04A4?
- the GPS receiver can provide a 1 second impulse to the CPU
- the infrared receiver can be powered off together with RS232 (it was alternatively before)
- some sensors have been upgraded to non-obsolete versions (BMA180 is EOL)
- WLAN/BT power controlled through TPS65950 (so that VAUX4 is unused)
- 6-pin ZIF connector for external keyboard or other I2C devices
- it is possible to use a new earpiece (from Knowles) so that we finally can offer a case kit
- the GPS antenna switch has been redesigned
- improved headset detection hardware
- CPU will be always 1 GHz and Memory 512MB RAM / 1GB NAND
- UMTS module may have newer firmware (tbc.)
- there is a plan for a 3D printed case (approx. 50 EUR) with integrated pen for the touch
- there will be 3D data (STEP) of the PCB and components so that you can design your own case around every bit and piece