QtMoko - your cute mobile communicator
QtMoko is a Debian distribution for open source capable phones. Phone and user interface is based on QT Extendeded formerly known as Qtopia. Originally it was developed for the OpenMoko Freerunner and GTA04.
You can find the original QtMoko at: http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net
Project Goal of QtMoko2
QtMoko2 is a fork of QtMoko to put it back into maintained mode and provide new QtMoko installation images for GTA04 based devices (e.g. Letux 2804 / Letux 3704 / Letux 7004 / Neo900) and others (e.g. Pyra-Handheld).
If you just want to inspect the source files
git clone git://git.goldelico.com/gta04-qtmoko.git cd gta04-qtmoko git submodule init git submodule update
How to Build
- you should build natively, i.e. on an armhf Debian Wheezy or Jessie Single Board Computer
- cross-compilation failed
ideally you should build in a sandbox, i.e. a chroot into a fresh debootstrapped subdirectory
debootstrap a fresh wheezy or jessie for armhf into some working directory (e.g. /debian-wheezy-armhf-qtmoko-build)
- chroot into this (ideally with /proc and /sys mounted)
- do all builds inside the chroot
- apt-get update
- install developer tools
- setup ccache and swap if needed
- git clone
- git submodule init & update
- install build dependencies (dev libs)
For full instructions, please go to Build
How to install
The easiest installation is by using makesd (https://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-makesd/).
- for GTA04: ./makesd qtmoko
- for OpenPandora: ./makesd pandora -r qtmoko
- for Pyra: ./makesd pyra -r qtmoko - need some manual hacks to complex to describe
Then you should boot the device connect it to the Internet (e.g. Ethernet Gadget over USB) and do an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade to install latest qtmoko packages.
Last hacking Workshop: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/openphoenux/page/HackingWeekend2016/
Next hacking Workshop: tbd.