How to use the system
Just press the power button to boot the kernel from NAND flash.
If you want to boot the kernel from SD card, press Fn + Left-Shift before powering up and keep it pressed until the penguin appears (approx. 1 second). If you want to load the root-file system from SD card as well, keep the keys pressed until the init process has started.
WARNING: Don't press Fn + Left-Shift + Ctrl to boot!
This will copy the 2.6 kernel into the NAND flash and afterwards, you can't boot from NAND to the original system. To recover from such a mistake, please refer to http://download.goldelico.com/letux-400-jtag/
Boot Modifier Keys (this is a feature of the 188.8.131.52 kernel)
You can press these keys right before pressing the power button. But you have approx. 5 seconds time left after the penguin appears.
- F1: boot from first SD partition (/dev/mmcblk0p1, ext3)
- F2: boot from second SD partition (/dev/mmcblk0p2, ext3)
- F3: boot minifs from internal partition (/dev/mtdblock3, jffs2)
- F4: boot from internal partition (/dev/mtdblock4, yaffs2)
- Fn: boot from second SD partition (/dev/mmcblk0p2, ext3) (kernel was booted from SD on Fn + LeftShift)
- none: boot from internal partition (/dev/mtdblock4, yaffs2)
Debian Modifier Keys
- Ctl-Alt-F1..F6 switch between tty1 and tty6 console
- Ctl-Alt-F7 switches to X11 window (if running)
- Ctl-Alt-F10 opens a Menu
- ? dim backlight
- ? wakeup
- Ctrl-Alt-Delete ask system to shutdown/reboot
- Power Button: ask system to shutdown/reboot - if pressed more than 5 seconds, power off is enforced
The LEDs are from left to the right:
- "Phone" symbol: means power is connected
- "": not used
- "Light Bulb": power is on
- "1 Lock": Num-Lock
- "A Lock": Shift-Lock
- "arrow-Lock": Wifi On