Letux/GTA04 Kernel- and Userspace-Hacking weekend Munich
we (OpenPhoenux community Munich) are organizing a kernel- and user-space hacking weekend to improve the Letux/GTA04 kernel and to make progress on matching QtMoko with newer kernels and latest Debian.
This workshop is planned to have two groups:
a) Kernel - to work on the known (and new) issues, mainly power management, but also others (e.g. Camera, Audio for GSM/FM/Bluetooth). The idea is to close as many issues as possible or at least work out how to close them soon.
b) QtMoko - update the basis to Debian Jessie, make it compile, add fixes so that we can use the latest kernels, make new packages etc. Expertise from Replicant will be included.
The workshop location will be in Munich (Germany) area (details to be defined). Date is also to be defined so that it fits for the participants, but the target is some Saturday+Sunday in spring 2016.
We have some budget to support travel expenses.
Participation will be limited in the total number of people. I think a good group size will be ca. 5 developers each. More is not productive and less is not enough breadth of different experience.
If you think you can and want to participate and actively contribute, please apply by a short mail to me, telling what you want to do and which expertise you have and if you need support with travel expenses.
If you don't, but know somebody who could be interested and helpful, please forward this link.
Let's hope this helps to bring our community forward and finally fix some important issues we want to see solved for a long time.
Participants list (preliminary)
- Lukas firstname.lastname@example.org, Replicant
- Nikolaus email@example.com, Organization & Kernel & Debian
- Marek firstname.lastname@example.org, Kernel
- Andreas email@example.com, Kernel
- Sebastian firstname.lastname@example.org, User Experience & Testing
- Josua email@example.com, Debian
- Jonas firstname.lastname@example.org, Debian
Please register yourself on the openphoenux workshop mailing list!
If you want to participate or know someone who should, please contact me (email@example.com).
Timing (to be choosen)
Please register yourself and choose the best matching weekend:
Location (to be decided)
Currently we have several options. Choice depends on availability, cost and of course that we have choosen a weekend.
- TU Munich, Garching Campus - like OHSW event
- Oberhaching (Goldelico Meeting Room) and/or Munich/Giesing (emvolution Meeting Room)
- a holiday home (with 4-7 sleeping room + common room + kitchen, self-service, WLAN available) in Garmisch-Partenkirchen