Alternative Case Designs
The GTA04 board is designed to fit into an existing GTA01 or GTA02 case. But what do you do if you have no GTA01 or GTA02?
- Radek's wooden case: https://picasaweb.google.com/114961040002008630266/GTA04WoodenCase
- OpenMokast: http://openmokast.org/cad-files.html
- Neo1973 ideas: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hardware:Neo1973:Alternate_Cases
- 3D-Printing: we suggest that someone tries to make a case with a RepRap / MakerBot.
- first 3D-printed battery cover: http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2012-January/001171.html
- reusing the existing moulds: they have been lost somewhere in china and mechanical components are no longer available
- make new moulds: if we come beyond 5000 units in total, it appears to be possible to make new cases for approx. 20-30 EUR incl. designing new moulds (which costs >50k EUR).
3D CAD of original Neo1973 case
"DIY GTA04 Case Contest" during FOSDEM 2012
There is an "Openmoko" stand at FOSDEM 2012 and just come along and show your case design.
Details will follow.