Openmoko Beagle/Panda Hybrid (GTA04A1)
News: We have been choosen by the PandaBoard Early Adopter Program and will receive a PandaBoard (OMAP4 / ARM Cortex A9) board soon.
The Openmoko Beagle/Panda Hybrid is a PCB to connect an Openmoko Freerunner display (TD028TTEC1) through some connectors with a Beagle or Panda Board. It became the basis for a new Openmoko device and can therefore also be referenced as "GTA04A1".
Please go to the specific sub-projects
We encourage to port/configure Android, Angstrom, QtMoko, SHR, and other distributions.
What it is good for
- experimenting with touchscreen and new user interfaces on Beagleboard
- learn how the OMAP3530/OMAP4430 design works
- make it a mobile application development platform by adding a battery pack and a UMTS usb stick
- investigate how an Openmoko with UMTS and OMAP3530/OMAP4430 feels (not from haptics but screen operation and UMTS speed)
- porting SHR, QtMoko, Angstrom, Android, etc. to ARM-Cortex A8/A9, NEON
- PCB that fits into Freerunner case (top cover and middle part after cutting a hole)
- works also outside of a case
- Toppoly LCM interface (same display as used in the Freerunner - otherwise it would not fit into the case)
- TSC2007 touch screen controller
- Earset and Speaker connector (for Freerunner case)
- 2 buttons (AUX and Power)
- 2 dual color LEDs (in the AUX and Power buttons)
- vibracall driver
- headset jack to connect microphone, earset and speaker
Download and install binaries
Please find instructions at Debian Lenny.