Alternative Case Designs
The GTA04 board is designed to fit into an existing GTA01 or GTA02 case. But what do you do if you have no GTA01 or GTA02?
- Radek's wooden case: https://picasaweb.google.com/114961040002008630266/GTA04WoodenCase
- OpenMokast: http://openmokast.org/cad-files.html
- Neo1973 ideas: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hardware:Neo1973:Alternate_Cases
- 3D-Printing: we suggest that someone tries to make a case with a RepRap / MakerBot.
- reusing the existing moulds: they have been lost somewhere in china and mechanical components are no longer available
- make new moulds: if we come beyond 5000 units in total, it appears to be possible to make new cases for approx. 10-20 EUR incl. designing new moulds.